Using Google Apps, Hapara Dashboard creates a structure of classes that teachers and students are added to. A structure is set up for each class that is loaded. When student are added to classes, Hapara Dashboard automatically creates what is required based on their class, such as a folder structure in Google Drive, Calendar, Sites, Blogs, and more. Hapara Dashboard classes give teachers in-depth visibility into their students' activity, as well as a number of tools to help teachers perform tasks and manage their class and student work in Google Apps.
The Smart Share tool is a used within your Hapara Teacher Dashboard to distribute Google doc's, PDF's, images, audio and video to your student's class folders within their Google Drive accounts. Here are some brief stets to guide you through this process:
1.Start by finding the blue folder in the top right hand corner of your class dashboard (See the image below)
2. Once you click on the Smart Share Button this window should appear. This window will guide you through the Smart Share process.
- It should be noted that depending on the size of the Smart Share taking place, this process can take a few minutes. Please plan accordingly.
As we differentiate our instruction and classes to scaffold & support students or provide greater learner agency we inherently find theneed to group students that we teach. Teacher Dashboard makes this process clear and efficient. Here are some brief stets to guide you through this process:
1.Start by finding the grouping button in the menu in top right hand corner of your screen:
2. Once you click on this grouping button your grouping menu should appear. What you should see is 10 groups that you can rename to suit your needs.
3. One you have created your groups you can click on the three small dots on the top right corner of each students card. This will bring up a drop down menu where you can 'Edit Groups'
This will bring up a smaller color coded menu where you can place the student in the necessary groups. If you cannot remember what group each color is, hover your mouse over the box and the group name will appear.
4. Once you have groups the necessary students you can always go back to the main grouping menu and filter your teacher dashboard page if needed so that only specific groups or combinations of groups appear.
Problem: Message in student box stating "Temporarily unable to retrieve student's documents" OR
Solution: Repair student folders and/or move files to proper folder