Hapara Teacher Dashboard Overview
Using Google Apps, Hapara Dashboard creates a structure of classes that teachers and students are added to. A structure is set up for each class that is loaded. When student are added to classes, Hapara Dashboard automatically creates what is required based on their class, such as a folder structure in Google Drive, Calendar, Sites, Blogs, and more. Hapara Dashboard classes give teachers in-depth visibility into their students' activity, as well as a number of tools to help teachers perform tasks and manage their class and student work in Google Apps.
Hapara Teacher Dashboard Smartshare
The Smart Share tool is a used within your Hapara Teacher Dashboard to distribute Google doc's, PDF's, images, audio and video to your student's class folders within their Google Drive accounts. Here are some brief stets to guide you through this process:
1.Start by finding the blue folder in the top right hand corner of your class dashboard (See the image below)
2. Once you click on the Smart Share Button this window should appear. This window will guide you through the Smart Share process.
- Your first step will be to choose which file you want to share with your students, To do this click on the drive button right below "choose file to add" This will lead you to a navigation page where you can pull documents from your Drive. It should be noted that you can only Smart Share up to 5 files at once and you cannot Smart Share folders,
- Your next step is to choose if you want to append (add) the students name to the end of the file name in their Drive and what permissions you want set. You can:
- Send a Copy to their Drive
- Share the file with them, giving them only read or viewing privileges
- Share the file with them and give them permission to comment
- Share the single doc in your Drive with your students giving them editing privileges. This would be most appropriate for collaborative learning opportunities.
- Next you will need to choose which student you want to share the file with, you can choose entire classes, groups you have set within your class or individual students. You can also choose individual students from different classes if you wish.
- Finally choose if you want to overwrite existing files that have the same name in your student's Drives. This is useful if you mistakenly send out the wrong file, once you Smart Share the correct file it will overwrite the incorrect one.
- It should be noted that depending on the size of the Smart Share taking place, this process can take a few minutes. Please plan accordingly.
Setting Groups within your Teacher Dashboard
As we differentiate our instruction and classes to scaffold & support students or provide greater learner agency we inherently find theneed to group students that we teach. Teacher Dashboard makes this process clear and efficient. Here are some brief stets to guide you through this process:
1.Start by finding the grouping button in the menu in top right hand corner of your screen:
2. Once you click on this grouping button your grouping menu should appear. What you should see is 10 groups that you can rename to suit your needs.
3. One you have created your groups you can click on the three small dots on the top right corner of each students card. This will bring up a drop down menu where you can 'Edit Groups'
This will bring up a smaller color coded menu where you can place the student in the necessary groups. If you cannot remember what group each color is, hover your mouse over the box and the group name will appear.
4. Once you have groups the necessary students you can always go back to the main grouping menu and filter your teacher dashboard page if needed so that only specific groups or combinations of groups appear.