There are a limited number of seats available for students who are registering cross-boundary to attend schools in Wolf Creek Public Schools. Each school in Ponoka has a limited number of seats available, which will be filled through a collaborative intake process. This process allows us to work as a committee to determine if a student is eligible to attend WCPS, and to determine how we can best support the transition and appropriate placement.
Factors that impact acceptance are:
Available space, classroom make up, programming options, and staffing.
- Returning students will be given priority; however, they must be registered by June 15th.
- A review of student acceptance for returning students will only be reviewed if there are concerns in any of the following areas: safety issues at the school, chronic attendance issues, lack of parental/guardian support and partnership, on-going discipline issues, and unpaid school fees.
- School fees must be paid before the start of each school year for non-resident students. If fee payment is a barrier, the family must meet with Administration to make alternate arrangements regarding fee payment.
- Must complete a registration package, which is available at the bottom of this page or at the school. These packages can be picked up from April–June.
- Once the applications are submitted, there will be a committee, consisting of representation from all three schools and WCPS District Office, who will review the applications. After the committee makes their decision, parents will be notified.
- The Application Review Process will include gathering information on the following:
- The committee contacting the student’s previous school regarding academic and school history.
- Required additional learning supports.
- Safety: gang involvement, violence, drugs, or drug dealing.
- Academic success is not a determining factor in the application process. Indicators such as effort, attendance, ethical behavior, and attitude are all taken into consideration.
- After the committee has completed the selection process, parents and students will be notified.
- Notification will indicate acceptance, and outline any conditions, such as, attendance, fees, parent involvement etc.
- Students who are accepted will be required to complete a reading screen and an intake interview. This will allow us to best support the student as they transition into WCPS.
- WCPS is NOT responsible for transporting cross-boundary students. The families must make those arrangements with Hobbema Transport.
Click here to begin your application
Please visit the website of the school where you child is interested in attending to complete the online school registration. Both the School Registration Form and Maskwacis Student Information Form must be completed and submitted to the school to begin the intake process.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration at the school where your child is interested in attending.