Substitute Teaching Orientation Sessions
Wolf Creek Public Schools will be offering MANDATORY half-day orientation sessions for the following substitute teachers in our division.
- New Substitute Teachers
- Returning WCPS Employees and Substitutes
These orientation sessions will provide:
- Opportunity for networking and support.
- Overview of the online substitute absence management system.
- Overview and onsite completion of annual compulsory Occupational, Health and Safety Training (OH&S). Recertification of OH&S training is required annually for all WCPS teachers and substitute teachers.
- Overview of WCPS Substitute Guidelines.
New Subs-“New subs” are defined as teachers who have never been employed in any capacity (including as an EA) by WCPS. All “New Subs” are required to attend an orientation session.
- New Substitute Teachers Registration & Link August 22, 2018.
- New Substitute Teachers Registration & Link September 4, 2018.
RETURNING TEACHERS & EMPLOYEES
Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees (**INCLUDING RETIRED TEACHERS)-“Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees” includes anyone who has worked for WCPS in any capacity (including retired teachers, former contract teachers,substitute teachers). “Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees” are required to attend an orientation session.
- Returning Substitute Teachers & Employees Information & Registration Link August 28, 2018.
- Returning Substitute Teachers & Employees Information & Registration Link September 4, 2018.
NEW OR EXISTING CONTRACTED TEACHERS
New or Existing Contract Teachers-“New or existing part time contract teachers who wish to be eligible for the 18/19 WCPS substitute list may submit their names by following Google Form Link.
New or existing contract teachers are NOT required to attend an orientation session as the online substitute absence management system and Occupational, Health and Safety Training (OH&S) topics will be covered at your school sites.
It is important to note that attendance (except for WCPS contracted part-time teachers) is required in order to be placed on the sub roster for the 2018/2019 school year. Catch-up sessions will be offered at a later date for anyone who is unable to attend the initial sessions offered.
Thank you, we appreciate your commitment and support for our students and teachers. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact WCPS People Services.