As a publicly funded school jurisdiction, the Division has a provincial mandate to offer programs to its resident students. Based on the requirements of the School Act, the Division will admit non-resident students who apply, if there are sufficient resources and facilities available to accommodate them.
Factors that impact acceptance are:
- Available space,
- classroom make up,
- programming options, and
- Returning students will be given priority; however, they must be registered by June 15th.
- A review of student acceptance for returning students will only be reviewed if there are concerns in any of the following areas: safety issues at the school, chronic attendance issues, lack of parental/guardian support and partnership, on-going discipline issues, and unpaid school fees.
- School fees must be paid before the start of each school year for non-resident students. If fee payment is a barrier, the family must meet with Administration to make alternate arrangements regarding fee payment.
- Must complete the online registration process.
- Once the applications are submitted, there will be a committee, consisting of representation from all three schools and WCPS District Office, who will review the applications. After the committee makes their decision, parents will be notified.
- The Application Review Process will include gathering information on the following:
- The committee contacting the student’s previous school regarding academic and school history.
- Required additional learning supports.
- Safety Risks: gang involvement, violence, use or distribution of illegal substances.
- Academic success is not a determining factor in the application process. Indicators such as effort, attendance, ethical behavior, and attitude are all taken into consideration.
- Application Process:
- Click here to begin your application
- Please visit the website of the school where you child is interested in attending to complete the online school registration. Both the School Registration Form and Student Information Form must be completed and submitted to the school to begin the intake process.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration at the school where your child is interested in attending.
- After the committee has completed the selection process, parents and students will be notified.
- Notification will indicate acceptance and outline any conditions, such as attendance, fees, parent involvement etc.
- WCPS is NOT responsible for transporting non-resident cross-boundary students. The families must make those arrangements with Maskwacis Transport.