Information for applicants and accepted students affected by COVID-19
Lethbridge College: https://lethbridgecollege.ca/future-students
Q&A: Registrar's Office
- Will there be classes on campus in September? If so, can I still apply?
We are accepting applications for programs for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021, and we encourage students to apply. We are planning to hold classes on campus in September as long as it is safe to do so as the health and safety of our community is our top priority.
- What high school grades count for admission now that provincial exams are not being written?
We will not require students graduating in June 2020 to write diploma exams; we will accept the final grade awarded on the student’s transcript.
- I’m feeling unprepared for college after missing the last months of Grade 12. Are there ways that I can prepare over the summer?
We will have extra support services in place to help new students transition to college. If you are feeling unprepared for college, you may find it helpful to take one of our Academic Upgrading courses online this summer. If you would like more information about registering in these courses, you can contact email@example.com.
- If a student is unable to complete a non-diploma exam course and we require it for admission, please have them contact firstname.lastname@example.org as each situation is a bit unique.
- If a student is unable to complete their volunteer hours for social work, they should contact the Social Work program directly at email@example.com
- Our nursing programs are currently the only competitive programs at Red Deer College. The GPA calculations to get into these programs have never included the second semester, as the calculations begin in March. Therefore, Covid-19 has not changed the process for nursing.
- Last, if you go to our main page, www.rdc.ab.ca there is a large yellow heading at the top that will link you to the most recent Covid-19 information pertaining to Red Deer College.
University of Alberta: U of A Update on Changes to admissions for fall 2020 can be found at: https://www.ualberta.ca/covid-19/updates/04/2020-04-06-changes-to-admissions-for-fall-2020.html
University of Regina: https://urconnected.uregina.ca/apply/apply-now.ezc
We want to ensure you that admission will continue to be based on your official high school transcript. The courses and grades that are on your transcript will be used in the admission calculation, and if you meet final admission requirements, then you will be fully admissible to the University of Regina.
However, while you may meet the admission requirements based on your transcript, you may not have completed a full semester of certain courses. This is why we strongly encourage you to participate in supplementary assignments prepared by your high school teachers. This will make your transition to post-secondary as easy as possible, and is especially important for courses in maths, sciences, and English. You should keep all supplementary assignments (and feedback from your teachers) that you complete.
University of Victoria: https://www.uvic.ca/future-students/undergraduate/covid-19-updates.php
General Admission Information
The following admissions document is from the University of Alberta, but steps 1, 2 and 3 are applicable to all post secondary institutions, and many institutions offer registration and loans workshops. Check the website of your institution for information. This document will help walk you through the process of applying for your program and the following steps.