The "Health In Action" Project Philosophy and Goals
The Health in Action Project is a partnership project between Wolf Creek Public Schools and Alberta Health Service's Comprehensive School Health Program. Through a comprehensive approach to promote health and well-being in the development of successful learners, this initiative supports the following aims:
- tapping into the the knowledge, skills, resources, and energy of the entire school community,
- facilitating activities, messages and initiatives that promote healthy eating, active living and positive social environments,
- enabling all schools in WCPS to have access to the support and resources necessary to build leadership teams (students, staff, parents, and community members) to champion health and wellness in their school communities, and
- reinforcing healthy messages and ideas in the core subject areas.
Comprehensive School Health is a multi-faceted, integrated approach that involves students, school staff, parents, health professionals, agencies and community working together to promote health and well being in the development of successful learners. The goal of CSH is to help the school community to develop a clear vision and a logical strategy to address health priorities in their school. CSH is based on two key ideas:
- healthy children are better able to learn, and
- schools can directly influence children’s health.
The Wellness Wiki! is a one-stop shop for all teaching staff to find anything related to health and wellness. The front page is updated monthly with new information.