|Major Athletic Award
- total of 60 points or more:
- volleyball & basketball (10 pts.)
- track/cross country/ badminton (5 pts.)
- tennis/curling, etc. (5 pts.)
|Minor Athletic Award
- total of 45 pts. or more - up to 59 pts.
|Outstanding Male & Female Athlete
- active participant in two sports
- demonstrates a high quality of leadership
- promotes team spirit and morale
- demonstrates sportsmanship
|Students’ Union Award
- must be enrolled in a minimum of 25 cr.
- must achieve passing grades in current year
- active in student union activities
- demonstrate good citizenship and high morals
|A.T.A. Honor Pins & PAC Medallions
- presented to students who achieve an overall average of 80%
or greater as determined by Rutherford
|Wolf Creek Scholarship
(two awards with a value of $300 each)
- student must not qualify for a Rutherford Scholarship but does
plan to graduate and proceed with post-secondary studies
- the selection committee shall consider contributions to school
affairs, personal attributes, and community involvement
- scholarship will be presented by a trustee at the annual school
|Governor General Award
- highest average in grade 12 according to Rutherford Criteria
|Sunny 94 Scholarship ($415. per school)
- demonstrates commitment to the fine arts or communications
activities – those being interpreted as broadly as possible.
- successful candidate will be in process of pursuing a career in
- successful candidate must be enrolled in post-secondary
program in above area within 12 months of receiving
scholarship – funds paid upon verification of enrolment.
|Wolf Creek School Division CTS Scholarship ($300)
- The student takes a significant amount of his/her program in
CTS, RAP, or Green Cert.
- The student must enroll in postsecondary within 12 months
of receiving scholarship (payable on receipt of enrolment)
- The student should be nenrolled in a program related to their
|Bentley School Staff Award of Merit
(Cheryl Screpnek Humanitarian Award)
- must have attended Bentley School for a minimum of 2 years
- demonstrate the following:
- academic effort
- high level of participation in school activities
- positive attitude towards school
|Bentley Library Society Best All Around Student Award
- must maintain an average of at least 70%
- must be a member of at least one interschool sport’s team
- demonstrates good citizenship and sportsmanship qualities
- good school attendance (the $500 cash award is conditional
upon attendance at a post secondary institution)
County of Lacombe Scholarship
(Bentley Seed Cleaning Plant Scholarship)
The amount of the scholarship will be the annual interest
earned by an endowment fund of $31,792 split 6 ways
(Rim., Eck., Bent., Alix, Lac. Christian, LCHS)
- Be registered in and attending a post secondary program with
a minimum duration of one year. Preference to be given to
agriculture or related field.
- Obtain an overall average mark of at least 70% in the graduating
high school year.
- Be a resident of the area served by the high school district for a
minimum of three years.
- When two or more students meet the above criteria, preference
shall be given to the student receiving the least scholarship funding.
|Michael’s Studio Award ($200)
- Presented to a student with an interest in the arts.
- Preference given to a student entering an art related program.
|Community Savings Scholarship ($1000)
- The student must have at least 80% in Math 30 as well as
Social 30 or 33, yet priority is given to the student in Social 30.
- The student must be registered in either business or finance
programs (diploma or degree)
|ATA Scholarship (Amount - $300)
- presented to a student pursuing studies in an educationally
|Ag. Society Scholarship (Amount - $500.?)
- available to any post-secondary student continuing in the
agricultural field (apply to Ag. Society)
- English (Mr. Ralph Scarlett)
- Social (Mrs. Wendy Kuraitis Memorial Award)
- Math (Parent Advisory Council)
- Science Award (Agricultural Society)
- presented to the student with the highest average in Grade 12 English
- presented to the student with the highest average in Grade 12 Social
- presented to the student with the highest average in Math 30 and Math 31
- presented to the student with the highest average in two of the three
grade 12 sciences: Biology 30, Physics 30,Chemistry 30