Bus Registration - What You Need to Know
Urban (town) busing students and Cross Boundary busing students must re-register every year.
CURRENT Wolf Creek Students (STAR Students please use the STAR links).
Please use the Parent Portal or SchoolEngage to submit the 2021-2022 busing application for the current year. If you have a new address you must change your address with the school prior to completing the form - this step is critical. Applications can take 5-7 school days to process.
If you are unsure of which school your child should be attending please contact WCPS Transportation Services Department.
*** Incomplete or inaccurate information on the forms will result in a delay in the processing of an application. ***
* Rural (country) students only register if they are new to WCPS or have moved within WCPS or are from school divisions the have busing arrangements with WCPS (i.e. STAR Catholic Schools etc.) Rural cross boundary students must re-apply each year.
* Urban (town) students who live in Lacombe, Blackfalds and Ponoka MUST re-register for busing each year, this includes STAR Catholic students and cross boundary students.
* Any students who are returning from at home or virtual learning must notify the Transportation department that they require busing again.
* User Pay Fees are assessed to all students who live in an urban area and live less than 2.4km from their designated school. Approved students will have fees applied in the Rycor Student Fee system - early applicants can qualify for an installment plan. Once approved for user pay busing, parents will receive email instructions on how to make a full payment or set up an installment plan. Failure to keep fees current can result in students being denied busing. Cross boundary students will be assigned an application fee (depending on the distance from their designated school, user pay fees may also be applied).
* Waiting Lists are active in some urban user pay areas if the bus serving that area is full. User pay applicants will be placed on a bus if there is determined to be space available.
* Distances are calculated in an Alberta Education approved routing software based on Alberta Education criteria.
* Cross Boundary students will need to re-apply each year and will have a cross boundary form applied to them when the busing form is completed and submitted. The cross boundary form must also be completed and submitted. A cross boundary application fee will be applied and must be paid prior to the application being considered. User pay fees could also be applied if the student lives less than 2.4 km from their designated school.
* STAR Catholic parents must create an account in SchoolEngage and apply for busing using the Catholic Student Bus Application Form for the appropriate year.
* Approved busing applications will be processed and the parent and student information will be passed along to a bus driver. The driver will make contact with the family to inform them of the stop location and times.
* Drivers are not permitted to transport students who are not on their route list or to make changes to student bus stops without permission. No guest riders!
If you move during the school year and need a change in your busing,
1. Please contact the school and update your address information with them.
2. Email the Transportation Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your child's name, your new physical address and the effective date. Also indicate if you still require busing or would like to cancel busing. If you child is not currently on a bus, you must complete a bus application through SchoolEngage.
If you live in a user pay area and your new home is outside of the user pay area you may qualify for a pro-rated refund of busing fees (dependant on when you notify us).
If you move within a user pay area, we must first determine if there is room on a bus. Having a seat on a bus does not guarantee a seat on another bus. User pay busng seats are limited.
Do you have questions regarding which school catchment area your new address is in? Please email us at email@example.com or phone us at 403-785-0726.