CURRENT YEAR - Please use the Parent Portal or SchoolEngage to submit the 2020-2021 busing application for the current year. If you have a new address you must change your address with the school prior to completing the form - this step is critical. Applications can take 5-7 school days to process.
If you are unsure of which school your child should be attending please contact WCPS Transportation Services Department.
* Rural (country) students only register if they are new to or have moved within WCPS or that school divisions the WCPS has busing arrangements with (i.e. STAR Catholic Schools etc.) Rural cross boundary students must re-apply each year.
* Urban (town) students who live in Lacombe, Blackfalds and Ponoka MUST re-register for busing each year, this includes STAR Catholic students and cross boundary students.
* User Pay Fees are assessed to all students who live in an urban area and live less than 2.4km from school. Approved students will have fees applied in Rycor Student Fee system - early applicants can qualify for an installment plan. Once approved for user pay busing, parents will receive email instructions on making a full payment or setting up an installment plan. Failure to keep fees current can result in students being denied busing. Cross boundary students will be assigned an application fee (depending on the distance from their designated school, user pay fees may also be applied).
* Waiting List are active in some urban user pay areas if the bus serving that area is full. User pay applicants will be placed on a bus if there is determined to be space available.
* Distances are calculated in an Alberta Education approved routing software based on Alberta Education criteria.
* Cross Boundary students will need to re-apply each year and will have a cross boundary form applied to them when the busing form is completed and submitted. The cross boundary form must also be completed and submitted. A cross boundary application fee will be applied and must be paid prior to the application being considered. User pay fees could also be applied if the student lives less than 2.4 km from their designated school.
* STAR Catholic parents must create an account in SchoolEngage and apply for busing using the Catholic Student Bus Application Form for the appropriate year.
* Approved busing applications will be processed and the parent and student information will be passed along to a bus driver. The driver will make contact with the family to inform them of the stop location and times.
* Drivers are not permitted to transport students who are not on their route list or to make changes to student bus stops without permission. No guest riders!
All busing registrations (for new or current students who now require transportation) must be submitted through the Parent Portal or School Engage. If you do not have an account please contact your child's school to arrange this. We have provided two links that contain instructions to assist you as you work through this new process.
WCPS students who currently use busing will only need to reapply if they are Urban and/or Cross-boundary students (See the definitions above).
If you are a STAR Catholic family requesting busing please follow this link to register for busing.
Wolf Creek Public Schools desires to keep parents, students, teachers and school administrators informed of changes to the status of busing on any given school day. Notification will be provided on the Bus Status webpage when there are changes to the regular operating times of any of the Wolf Creek buses that transport our students. Please check the Bus Status webpage for bus cancellations or delays. Also available to parents, students and school staff is the Bus Status App. Please download it and subscribe to your bus or buses to get notifications through your smart phone.
Wolf Creek Public Schools will continue to announce any district-wide busing cancellations due to inclement weather, fog, or poor road conditions using Wolf Creek Public Schools' communication practice.