Substitute Teacher Orientation
INFORMATION FOR NEW SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS (never worked in WCPS before)
These orientation sessions will provide:
- Opportunity for networking and support.
- Overview of the online substitute absence management system.
- Overview and onsite completion of annual compulsory Occupational, Health, and Safety Training (OH&S). Re- certification of OH&S training is required annually for all WCPS teachers and substitute teachers.
- Overview of WCPS Substitute Guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: New Substitute Teachers will be compensated for their attendance (at the half-day substitute teacher rate) at the mandatory substitute orientation once they complete the employee onboarding process within 60 calendar days of the orientation session.
- August 26 - Completed
- September 10 A.M. & P.M. - Completed
- November 2 (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)- Open for registration (Online Zoom Session) New & Returning Subs are welcome to this session.
New Subs-“New subs” are defined as teachers who have never been employed in any capacity (including as an EA) by WCPS. All “New Subs” are required to attend an orientation session.
RETURNING TEACHERS & EMPLOYEES
Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees (INCLUDING RETIRED TEACHERS) -“Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees” includes anyone who has worked for WCPS in any capacity (including retired teachers, former contract teachers, substitute teachers). Attendance at a Orientation session is optional, however all other options for registering have been completed. Please register for the online zoom orientation if you are a "returning" sub and need to register for the 2020/2021 roster.
PLEASE NOTE: Returning Substitute Teachers will not receive compensation for their attendance at the optional substitute orientation.
NEW OR EXISTING CONTRACTED TEACHERS
New or Existing Contract Teachers- “New" or existing part-time contract teachers who wish to be eligible for the 2020/2021 WCPS substitute list do NOT need to attend an orientation session. Please review the Contract Teacher information and complete the registration link to be placed on the 20/21 sub roster.
Thank you, we appreciate your commitment and support for our students and teachers. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact WCPS People Services.
- AP 460_Substitute Teachers
- AP 460-1 Ability to Work Form
- AP 400 Appendix 400A Criminal Record and Child Intervention Checks
- Teacher Certification