Substitute Teacher Registration
New Subs-“New subs” are defined as teachers who have never been employed in any capacity (including as an EA) by WCPS. All “New Subs” are required to attend an orientation session.
PLEASE NOTE: New Substitute Teachers will be compensated for their attendance (at the half-day substitute teacher rate) at the mandatory substitute orientation once they have completed the online application. (on scheduled pay dates)
These orientation sessions will provide:
- Opportunity for networking and support.
- Overview of the online substitute absence management system.
- Overview and onsite completion of annual compulsory Occupational, Health, and Safety Training (OH&S). Recertification of OH&S training is required annually for all WCPS teachers and substitute teachers.
- Overview of WCPS Substitute Guidelines.
RETURNING TEACHERS & EMPLOYEES
Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees (INCLUDING RETIRED TEACHERS) -“Returning Substitute Teachers and Employees” includes anyone who has worked for WCPS in any capacity (including retired teachers, former contract teachers, substitute teachers).
Attendance at an Orientation session is optional, however, you must complete the form to choose your registration process.
PLEASE NOTE: Returning Substitute Teachers will not receive compensation for their attendance at the optional substitute orientation. If you choose not to attend an orientation session hosted by WCPS, you will have 60 school operational days to complete the required Occupational Health and Safety Training (OH&S) on your own time (prep time included). Failure to complete these modules within this time frame will result in removal from the substitute teacher roster.
- August 24, 2021, 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- September 22, 2021, 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- February 3, 2022, 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- April 28, 2022, 1:00 to 4:00 P.M.
NEW OR EXISTING CONTRACTED TEACHERS
New or Existing Contract Teachers- A teacher that holds a part-time contract and would like to be added to the 2021/2022 WCPS substitute list does NOT need to attend an orientation session. In order to remain on the sub roster, please complete the Google Form linked HERE.
Thank you, we appreciate your commitment and support for our students and teachers. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact WCPS People Services.
- AP 460_Substitute Teachers
- AP 460-1 Ability to Work Form
- AP 400 Appendix 400A Criminal Record and Child Intervention Checks
- Teacher Certification