The well-being of a school community has always been important in Wolf Creek. One of the division’s values is modeling the importance of maintaining personal health and wellness.
By communicating with our stakeholders, collaborating with outside agencies and developing a community of practice, WCPS has a strong framework to support our students, staff and school community.
For our students, we follow the Comprehensive School Health approach that builds capacity to incorporate well-being as an essential aspect of student achievement. Our school-based Wellness Champions are the catalysts in promoting positive well-being among our students and staff. The division appreciates their creativity, passion and dedication. Finally, WCPS is thankful for our partners at Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) and Alberta Health Services (AHS) for guiding and supporting our work in health and wellness.
How does WCPS model the importance of maintaining personal health and wellness?
- Coordinator of Safety and Wellness position
- District Wellness Steering Committee
- Wellness Champion at each school
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships with community and provincial agencies
- District-wide and school-based opportunities (events, challenges, speakers)
- Communication via district-wide newsletters (Wellness Champs Unite, Wolfden)
- Collaboration with Zone 4 school districts
- Nutrition Program in our schools
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) for all employees