Wolf Creek Public Schools is seeking one (1) member at large to serve on its Audit Committee. The purpose of the audit committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, the system of internal control over financial reporting, and the audit process.
The Audit Committee meets two or three times per year, with authority to convene additional meetings, as circumstances require.
The committee is seeking:
One member of the business community, who is independent to the Division, has no relationship to the audit firm and preferably, who is financially literate.
Please see full requirements below:
Interested parties should contact Roger Hall, Secretary Treasurer
Phone: 403-783-5441 ext 1225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideally public members on this committee will be a member of the business community or a member of the adult learning community and will come with financial and/or business knowledge.
Committee members should be well regarded in their communities, have senior status in their profession and, as a group, have:
- financial literacy, meaning the ability to read and understand complex financial statements and accounting issues
- a strong understanding of governance
- an understanding of the public sector decision making process and accountability framework, including the unique role of this Committee
- independence, including an unbiased perspective on the matters brought before the Committee
a guarantee that their employment or involvement in other activities will not place them in a conflict of interest position
- effective communication skills
- strong support for ethics
- senior level experience addressing strategic and conceptual issues
Please review Policy 8 Appendix A Public Members
The audit committee will review and choose public members taking into account experience and background.
The audit committee typically meets twice per year.